The University Libraries is pleased to announce that effective May 12, 2014, the following changes will be made to allow borrowers more time with materials and to renew or return materials before money is owed:
• All 21 day loans will increase to 30 days for materials loaned from the Stacks, Current Literature, Audiobook and Paperback collections.
• No overdue fines will be charged when materials from these collections are borrowed May 12 or afterwards and returned or renewed late. Most of these materials can be renewed 4 times online.
• Overdue fines will continue to be charged on materials from the Course Reserves, DVD, Tech Lending and AV Equipment collections.
Additionally effective July 1, 2014:
• The lost item processing fee will increase from $10. to $20. per item. This fee compensates the Libraries for expenses incurred in the billing and reordering processes for lost items.
• If items are returned or renewed within specified amounts of time after their due dates (8 days for Course Reserves, DVDs, Tech Lending and AV Equipment; 40 days for Stacks, Current Literature, Audiobook and Paperback books) the processing fee is not charged.
To set up an online account and to renew, please visit http://tinyurl.com/uncgrenew.