The University Libraries is pleased to announce that effective May 12, 2014, the following changes will be made to allow borrowers more time with materials and to renew or return materials before money is owed:
• All 21 day loans will increase to 30 days for materials loaned from the Stacks, Current Literature, Audiobook and Paperback collections.
• No overdue fines will be charged when materials from these collections are borrowed May 12 or afterwards and returned or renewed late. Most of these materials can be renewed 4 times online.
• Overdue fines will continue to be charged on materials from the Course Reserves, DVD, Tech Lending and AV Equipment collections.
Additionally effective July 1, 2014:
• The lost item processing fee will increase from $10. to $20. per item. This fee compensates the Libraries for expenses incurred in the billing and reordering processes for lost items.
• If items are returned or renewed within specified amounts of time after their due d…
The Friends of the UNCG Libraries recently celebrated the completion of the project to revitalize the landscaping in front of Jackson Library and its return to being one of the most often-photographed spots on the campus. Sixty-three donors gave to make the project a reality. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.