|Group I: |
British Victorian Literature
Collection (click to enlarge)
"The event was held on Thursday, May 19 at 5:30. Attendees examined 28 British and American literary works from the 19th century. All of these rare works were first editions. Attendees were presented with three groupings of works...Selection #1--British Victorian Literature, Selection #2--Works of Thoreau and Longfellow, and Selection #3--Assorted British and American 19th Century Literature.
Attendees were asked to cast their votes for the three groupings. They placed poker chips in assigned ballot boxes. Votes were than tabulated.
Jackson Society Members voted for the collection of British Victorian Literature (Selection #1). The British Victorian Literature Collection includes:
- Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscure
- Charles Dickens, Little Dorrit
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Robert Louis Stevenson, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Oscar Wilde, A House of Pomegranates
- Anthony Trollope, The Last Chronicle of Barset
- Henry David Thoreau, A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers
- Mark Twain, Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc