#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. Now in its sixth year, this worldwide movement kicks off the charitable season by providing a platform to encourage others to donate time, resources and talents to help address societal challenges.
Join the challenge!
In honor of our 125th anniversary, be one of 125 alumni to support UNCG on #GivingTuesday. As we celebrate the season of giving, perform an act of kindness to share on social media using #UNCG125. For more information about Giving Tuesday, click here.
- Make a gift. In celebration of our 125th anniversary, be one of 125 alumni to help our students continue to change the world by supporting the area of UNCG that you care about most.
- Build community. Share why you gave to UNCG using #GivingTuesday and #UNCG125. Consider changing your Facebook photo frame for the day, or even the week, to encourage your friends to do the same.
Support University Libraries
University Libraries is the heart of teaching and learning at UNCG, and that is why we are open 5,700 hours per year. Students, faculty and community members rely on us for the education they find in our stacks and at our service desks; the history that is digitized and on display thanks to Special Collections; and the innovative resources of the Digital Media Commons, which include a green screen room, video game lab, and media equipment for rent. Amazing things can happen in the library, but every minute of operation costs us $2.46.
What can University Libraries do in one hour?
- 198 visitors
- 181 e-books checked out
- 12 questions answered by Libraries staff
- 42 online media resources streamed
- 248 digital media collection uses
- 6 digital cameras rented
- 1 item loaned to another library or organization
As the world celebrates #GivingTuesday, give your fellow Spartans an hour of transformative learning with a gift of $147.60 to the University Libraries Enrichment Fund. Your gift of any amount will impact the thousands of Spartans who utilize the Libraries every year.