I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as Interim Dean of the University Libraries. I have been on the Libraries’ faculty since 1983 and have seen us grow and change over the years along with the University.
• A collaboration with Provost Dana Dunn to provide stipends to 10 faculty to implement Open Educational Resources into their courses. This initiative saved students a total of $150,000 during the fall 2015 semester.
• The Video, Image and Audio Lab in the Digital Media Commons that allows users to film and edit video in a single space. Our 3D lab was also enhanced to provide hands-on opportunities for 3D making technologies.
• Three stipends for faculty to integrate information literacy more thoroughly into their courses. The awardees partnered with our librarians on each project.
• A grant-funded community outreach program from Special Collections and University Archives that provides instruction in using primary sources to middle and high school students in four counties.
• A Born Digital Record Management tool that enables the University Libraries to preserve and access the University’s digital records.
We are very grateful for the support of the UNCG community and the Friends of the Libraries. It is crucial for our success! I look forward to working with all of you over the coming year to ensure that the University Libraries are meeting your needs.